Case Study: McElhinneys
- Current Platform: Magento
- Services Provided: Ecommerce Platform Build, Design, Detailed EPOS Integration, Omnichannel
McElhinney’s of Donegal is a family business that has grown from humble beginnings 45 years ago as a mobile shop selling the essentials in the Donegal countryside to becoming the largest independent department store in Ireland at over 90,000 square feet of retailing excellence.
Feature Case Study: Deep EPoS Integration and Click & Collect
McElhinneys operate online and have one physical store. Their ecommerce site features a deep EPOS integration with the Meridian system including:
- Inventory management
- Product information and pricing management
- Catalogue management (build and maintenance of complex configurable and simple products, with an extremely large, diverse, and fast moving catalogue)
- Order processing management
We developed a Click and Collect model that allows customers to purchase their orders online and collect them in-store.
- Their Click and Collect is integrated with their EPoS system, Meridian, and will take into account stock availability of a product both online and instore and the customer won’t be able to purchase if it is out of stock.
- Customers receive an email when the product is available for collection in-store to be collected.
Instrumental In Helping Us
"We have built a strong relationship with StudioForty9 over the past three years, and they have been instrumental in helping us achieve a number of our ambitions as omnichannel retailers. Ger’s team are responsive, innovative and have the level of knowledge and expertise required to make them ideal web development partners for us."