Using Heystaks to Improve Magento Search
When a potential customer uses on-site search on an ecommerce site they are up to 5 times more likely to convert to a sale…
…as long as they find what they’re looking for.
Do you have confidence in the search functionality on your site? Do your customers always find what they’re looking for quickly and easily? Or do you think that your search results are letting you down and damaging your bottom line, because – let’s face it – out-of-the-box search in Magento sucks, and many of the third party modules don’t make a whole lot of difference.
This is what I had on my mind during Web Summit 2013 when I met Lorcan Jordan of Heystaks and he told be about how Heystaks combines best-in-breed search functionality built on a technology designed to learn, so that a user’s search results will keep getting better.
The problem with on-site search is that your customer expects your search box to read her mind just like Google seems to. Of course, your site doesn’t have search functionality with decades of advanced engineering and millions of research euros poured into it. So when your customer doesn’t get the result they expect, they believe you don’t have the product they are looking for and they exit your site instead of browsing the catalogue.
Well, that’s where Heystaks will help.
Heystaks is an external personalised search engine which will replace Magento native search with best-in-breed search functionality built on a technology designed to learn so that your customer’s search results will keep getting better.
StudioForty9 partnered with Heystaks to bring you a module to integrate the Heystaks search engine with your Magento catalogue.
These are the features:
- Out-of-the-box Heystaks retrieves the best available set of results for a given query
- Heystaks continually “learns” from the browsing and search activity of each visitor by tracking visitors’ product navigation, search queries, result selections and purchases on your site
- Heystaks will dynamically cluster users into interest communities to allow each user to automatically contribute to the positive experiences of like-minded users
- Heystaks delivers the right product to each user in every search session by 1) re-ordering search results to the learned preferences of the user and 2) by inserting relevant recommendations based on the user’s current context and based on new product experiences of users of a similar profile
- Heystaks supports standard Magento product search features including synonyms and redirects
- Heystaks allows for customizable ordering features to allow the administrator specify whether to present ‘out of stock products’ for example
- Heystaks delivers unique insights into on-site search activities of your users, tracked against goals you set for the site
- Installing Heystaks for Magento is simple, and if you try it you’ll immediately see better out-of-the-box results than Magento search, and that alone is worth the cost of a subscription. However, over time Heystaks will also learn your customer’s behaviours and will anticipate their needs – allowing you to more effectively merchandise your product lines to customers who want to buy those products and when they want them.
Imagine what that could do for your bottom line.