We are looking for a Senior Shopware Developer to join our growing team.
- The Developer will work as part of a team alongside a Technical Lead, Junior Developer and a Project Manager.
- Require regular communication with the team with the aim of putting features live on a weekly and sometimes daily basis.
- Will be required to QA the work themselves and get it to a point where it can be signed-off by the client before handing it over to the Technical Lead for deployment.
- Time all work against estimates provided by the Technical Lead and ensure timely communication in scenarios where the estimates cannot be met.
- Will perform code reviews on a daily basis of his colleagues’ commits to ensure best practice coding standards.
- It will be expected that the Developer will take part in further professional development and certification with the aim of becoming a Technical Lead within an agreed timeframe.
- StudioForty9 enables a half day every Friday to developers to further their professional development, for example studying for upcoming professional accreditations.
- A remote developer will be considered however this individual will be required to spend a period of time to be agreed in Cork, Ireland for the initial part of the contract.
- Experience of working on Shopware in a commercial environment.
- Example code from a custom module built for Shopware.
- A sample site which you helped build or which you have added significant features to after the initial build. The candidate must be able to explain their role in the development process in detail and outline the challenges they experienced and lessons learned during the process.
- A strong understanding of the unique communication requirements of remote working.
- Strong debugging Skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Git.
- Experience with TDD and/or BDD
- Experience in performance tuning, security, composer, DevOps, git flow
- Certifications in Shopware, Magento, PHP, MySQL, and/or Linux are considered an advantage.
Who are StudioForty9
StudioForty9 is a recognised leader in the Irish digital sector, with an award-winning and proven track-record of delivering, maintaining and continuously improving high-performance ecommerce and omnichannel retail solutions for the Irish retail industry. The StudioForty9 team is experienced, innovative, and committed to excellence and we count some of Ireland’s most experienced ecommerce professionals among our number.
In 2016 we were named the Supplier of the Year 2017 by Retail Excellence Ireland. In 2017 we were also named Cork Ecommerce Company of the Year by the Cork Business Awards and became a member of the Deloitte Fast50 which tracks the 50 fastest growing technology companies in Ireland.
Our experience and ability have led us to work with some of Ireland’s household names in retail. We have helped those companies to grow their business in Ireland by capturing extra market share and serving their instore and online customers across a wider range of commercial channels as well as overseas, by opening up previously inaccessible markets and building the integrations, automated processes and workflows needed to help scale an online business for international sales. We have a significant depth of experience to draw on and can boast of work as varied as the Grand Prix Eircom Spider winning Fota Wildlife Park, to helping scale Dubarry of Ireland for sales across the globe.
We are at the forefront of Irish ecommerce and ahead of the pack when it comes to implementing innovative and complex ecommerce solutions for omnichannel and international sales at scale, while also excelling at design and customer experience, and keeping right up to date with ecommerce trends and new requirements in compliance and regulations. We operate on a partnership approach where our clients come first. We strive to develop long-term and meaningful relationships. We are platform agnostic, which allows us to advise and enable our clients to get the system best suited to their needs and ambitions.
Digital Commerce is our business and our passion, expressed by a keen focus on the end result: ecommerce businesses that scale sustainably delivering significant revenue and ongoing growth to our partner clients.
Sounds like the perfect opportunity for you?
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV and a brief introduction.