COVID-19 Online Retail Scheme Phase 3
Enterprise Ireland has recently announced Phase 3 of the highly successful COVID-19 Online Retail Scheme. This new wave of support has a total fund size of €5 million.
The scheme has been set up in response to the Covid-19 pandemic, with a view to help Irish-owned retail companies improve their online visibility and boost business growth in these unprecedentedly challenging times.
What Kinds of Services Are Covered by the Grant?
Typical elements involved in developing a sophisticated and transactional online presence include:
StudioForty9 has experience of working with over 30 successful grant applicants in 2020.
Whether you are looking to sell online for the first time or accelerate your existing online business through advanced performance marketing and ecommerce growth we would love to hear from you. Here are some of the activities we would be recommending;
- Ecommerce Strategy Development
- Internationalisation Strategy Development
- Custom User Experience and Design
- Custom EPoS / ERP Integrations
- Ecommerce Growth through Increased Customer Acquisition and Customer Retention
- Advanced Segmentation and Email Workflows
Who Can Apply for These Grants?
In order to apply for the Covid-19 Online Retail Scheme, you must be an Irish-owned retail enterprise meeting the following criteria:
- Have an existing online presence (e.g. website or social media)
- Have a retail store on or before 29 February 2020 and derive the majority of company revenue from retailing products directly to individual consumers
- Where a company provides both products and services, the applicant must provide a breakdown of sales revenue showing that products account for more than 50% of total revenue for a recent trading period, which may be up to the call close date
- Where a company has a mixture of business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) operations, the applicant must provide a breakdown of sales revenue showing that sales from B2C activities account for more than 50% of total revenue for a recent trading period, which may be up to the call close date
- Employ at least 10 employees in the Republic of Ireland on a full-time equivalent basis on or before 29 February 2020 or has grown to that level since then
- Previous applicants of the Online Retail Scheme who were unsuccessful will be eligible to re-apply with a modified proposal under this call
- A company/group may receive a maximum of two Online Retail Scheme approvals in a three year period. Successful applicants in previous calls are eligible to re-apply under this call, once they have fully completed the project previously approved, fully claimed all eligible costs before this call close date and propose a clearly different project to that undertaken under previous calls. This completion criteria also applies where related companies within a group structure wish to make an application.
Please see the Enterprise Ireland website for the ineligible criteria.
When is the Closing Date for Grant Applications?
The deadline for Enterprise Ireland’s Covid-19 Online Retail scheme grants is Tuesday, the 25th of May at 12pm (noon).
The work plan and all associated payments must be completed and grant claims submitted to Enterprise Ireland by 5th November 2021 as all Emergency Covid-19 financial assistance must be processed and paid in 2021.
Why Choose StudioForty9?
StudioForty9 is a recognised leader in the Irish digital sector, with an award-winning and proven track-record of delivering, maintaining and continuously improving high-performance ecommerce and omnichannel retail solutions for the Irish retail industry.
The StudioForty9 team is experienced, innovative, and committed to excellence and we count some of Ireland’s most experienced ecommerce professionals among our number.
Our experience and ability has led us to work with some of Ireland’s leading household names in retail. We have helped those companies to grow their business in Ireland by capturing extra market share and serving their in store and online customers across a wider range of commercial channels as well as overseas, by opening up previously inaccessible markets and building the integrations, automated processes and workflows needed to help scale an online business for international sales.
We have a significant depth of experience to draw on and can boast of work as varied as the Grand Prix Eircom Spider winning Fota Wildlife Park, to helping scale DID Electrical to tens of millions of Euro in online sales.
We are at the forefront of Irish ecommerce and ahead of the pack when it comes to implementing innovative and complex ecommerce solutions for omnichannel and international sales at scale, while also excelling at design and customer experience, and keeping right up to date with ecommerce trends and new requirements in compliance and regulations.
We operate on a partnership approach where our clients come first. We strive to develop long-term and meaningful relationships. We are platform agnostic, which allows us to advise and enable our clients to get the system best suited to their needs and ambitions.
Digital Commerce is our business and our passion, expressed by a keen focus on the end result: ecommerce businesses that scale sustainably, delivering significant revenue and ongoing growth to our partner clients.
“We at Petstop.ie, find StudioForty9 an exceptional company to work with. They are extremely efficient, dedicated, and professional. Even through the dynamic time of the COVID lockdown, nothing was too much trouble and they helped adapt our business needs when needed. We look forward to many more years working with them.”
Damien Rooney, Ecommerce Manager, Petstop